01 January 2016

FOR THE SAKE OF OLD TIMES .....

{via}

Another year of gathering with friends, acquaintances and a few well-intended strangers to sing that magical nostalgic song that marks the start of the new year - 'Auld Lang Syne'. 
Now Luv-lies, if you're like me, you don't get past the first line or two before you the rest of the song becomes a complete mumble-fest.  *Come on, you know what I'm talking about*  

Well.  I'm going to help you Luv-lies out. You see, several years ago I decided to give up the old tradition of the yearly 'resolution'.  Mostly because, the resolution(s) that I had worked so hard to come up with, quickly lost their staying power by March.  Now.  Because I'm not a commitment-phobe, I did replace the longstanding resolution thing with something that I have found to be more meaningful.  

For the last few years I've framed my year with one {meaningful} word.  Sort of like living your year by a theme.  *It's exactly like living your year by a theme*  The theme for this year is 'Charity'. 
And it starts here and now  *wink. wink. smile*  with my contribution to all of you Luv-lies. 

My charitable gift to you?... ALL of the words to 'Auld Lang Syne'.  
Now you won't be mumbling into your champagne after the first two lines!

AULD LANG SYNE
 (Author:Robert Burns, 1788)

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old lang syne?
CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And surely you’ll buy your pint cup!
and surely I’ll buy mine!
And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
{CHORUS}
We two have run about the slopes,
and picked the daisies fine;
But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.
{CHORUS} 
We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.
{CHORUS}
And there’s a hand my trusty friend!
And give me a hand o’ thine!
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.
{CHORUS}
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Here's a video for you to practice along with 


Here's to all that you wish for in the coming New Year Luv-lies !


www.northwestlovelies.blogspot.com


HaPpY  nEw YEaR!!!!

No comments: